Drama Acting In Singapore

2:54 PM / Published by Andy Law /

Back in 2007, I was involved in the drama competition for Singapore Emerge together with my five other teammates.



It was not easy to immerse myself in the pursuit of a new skill completely unrelated to what I learned in the university. The worst part in the drama acting came when we were required to memorise the long script. Memorising the script was like memorising the important dates when we studied history in the secondary school. And I had a bad record in history subject.



We were instructed to use an accent, move our arms and body and exaggerate our facial expressions. When I talked about facial expression, I was talking about the facial expressions like the one in the touching Korean drama series, Stairway to Heaven and Winter Sonata. I was told to act "dramatically" and most importantly enjoy my character.



Before we went to the stage, we embellished our costumes with accessories and did a foundation makeup.




The partial of the drama script...(Of course, I just memorised my character part):

Characters

Main Leads
Josh – likes Carol
Carol – likes Lewis, tomboy
Jessie – likes Josh
Lewis – very very sissy


Supporting
gangsters
Director
Assistant director

Scene 1
Restaurant
Romantic Music


Lead Man (Josh):
Darling, you look beautiful tonight..

Lead Girl (Jessie):
Oh..stop…go on..

Lead Man
I would pluck the stars from the sky, just so I could see your face..

Lead Girl
Err..that's so romantic…in a weird sorta way..

Lead man:
I would brush my teeth 3 times just for you!

Lead Girl
What?

Lead Man
Darling..what I'm trying to say is..(kneels) Will you have this? (takes out big box)

Lead girl
OH MY!! What a big box!!! (opens it)..what is this?..a mcspicy?
Lead man
Oh..I'm sorry..that's my lunch…I meant for you to have this!!! (takes out other box)

Lead girl
Wow…what a beautiful ring…yes..yes I do!!(they are about to kiss)

Gangster 1 enters and smacks lead guys head on the table..brawl ensues..lead man becomes action super hero..defeats the gangsters one by one..carol is one of the gangsters

Lead gangster (Lewis, Italian accent):
You!! You have dishonoured my family!! I will have..my vendetta!!

Bla...bla...bla...




Although we did not win in the final, it was a great experience performing in front of thousands of audiences.

Categories:
Digg this

0 comments:

Post a Comment