Badminton Competition

6:33 PM / Published by Andy Law /

I was busy chatting in the blog when Vicky invited me to attend a badminton competition. It has been a very long time since I last attended a badminton competition. So, I guess it's a good opportunity to see the youngsters showing their talents. The venue of which the competition is being held was rather confused me. For me, the most popular places to play badminton in Sibu are none other than Thomson Corner and Sibu Superbowl. Anyway, after being guided by her, I reached the destination safely. It's good to learn a new place (MY Centre) in Sibu. A very big thanks to Vicky!



Watching international competitions live on television is not new to me anymore. And I remembered clearly that most of the time, Datuk Lee Chong Wei lost to Lin Dan in the final showdown.



When I was inside the hall, I could see a lot of people warmed up their bodies. Some of the players were busy looking at their match schedules. After a few minutes, the organiser gave speech to all of the participants.



The match that brought to my attention was the match between a 13-year-old guy with a 20-something-year-old guy.
"It's very unfair to the younger guy", I told Vicky.
Vicky just shrugged with a big smile.
How can a guy who has not yet reached his puberty put a fight with a guy who has already experienced the bodily changes for almost ten years?
After all, I truly admired his fighting spirit although he lost to his more senior opponent. He has successfully dragged the game to the rubber set before succumbed 21-19 to his rival in the hard fought game.




Then, the most anticipated moment came when Vicky herself challenged her adversary. The match was quite interesting with Vicky's supporters gave incessant applause to her.



Every time when she stole a point from her opponent, she would try to motivate herself by clenching her fist, "Yes, I did it!". That's the true spirit of fighting. Eventually, she lost after a long fight despite all the beautiful tricks she performed throughout the entire match.



After resting for about 30 minutes, she proceeded with mixed doubles match and in the long run they lost 21-15, 18-21, 21-17 after pushed all the way to three sets in the enthralling 45-minute game.



I do feel that such competition is a good platform to showcase our talents. I am totally excited attending this competition despite the hot weather.




Categories:
Digg this

1 comments:

Comment by Joyce on June 29, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I am strongly agreed with you. It’s so unfair to the younger guy. But I think that is a good challenge for the younger guy to improve his skill in badminton.

Post a Comment